Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What is the condition of my heart?


Jewel said it best in her song "Shape Of You" when writing about the loss of her friend to cancer. "There's a hole in my heart, and I carry it wherever I go.......There's a hole in my heart, in the shape of you."

That is exactly how it feels for me. There is this hideous gaping hole that lives inside of me. It is a different grief from any I have ever felt before. Sam was my child. I use to tell him that I loved him with "all my heart", now there is a little less of me. 

I hate that this hole has taken away my ability to love anything completely. That it has cast a cloud, leaving me to feel as grey as the cloud itself. That at times, it literally takes my breath away. It causes me anxiety and deep sadness. There's a hole in my heart, and I don't know how to fix it.


No comments:

Post a Comment