Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Looking back over fifteen days


I am fifteen days in, halfway through my commitment to write about grief...MY grief. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't expect that some days I would find myself completely wrecked. Who knew that one body could contain all these tears? Sam would get a kick out of all this "leaking".

I am grateful to those in the group who have found it in themselves to read and comment on my posts, offering support to me, in spite of their own pain and suffering. I am not surprised to be experiencing some of the same emotions that has kept me away from face to face groups. I am careful not to overindulge in reading, and take on the pain of others. Mine is plenty.

I am equally as grateful to my select and trusted group of friends who are following my blog, and taking this journey with me. After slacking off for a few days, I cracked up at those who emailed to make sure I was OK. Apparently, I am their latest "summer read". I don't know where this is going, but I'm glad you're going with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment